expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Monday, April 13, 2015

The Peak.


After a Good Friday church service, we took my parents up to The Peak, hoping we could see the lights of Hong Kong at night. The line for the tram was long, but we made friends with the college girls who were visiting from mainland China that were standing in line next to us. Making friends helped to pass the hour we stood in line. Once we got up to the top of the peak, we had no luck being able to see any of the lights from either Hong Kong Island or Kowloon. As soon as we were at the top, the fog was thick and we were walking in the clouds. 


We were disappointed, but made the most out of the situation by leaving our two kids with Grandpa and Grandma to eat at Burger King, while my husband and I went up to Bubba Gump for a dinner date. With my parents here in Hong Kong, my husband and I tried to grab as many opportunities as we possibly could to go on a date alone. With no nanny for our kids, dates for us are few and far between.

The service up at Bubba Gump was great. We ordered food that reminded us of South Carolina - sometimes you just need comfort food. Low country boil is a favorite of mine and my husband enjoyed the ribs. It's been nine months since the last time we've tasted either of them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips