expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Monday, September 7, 2015

Sai Kung For The Long Weekend.


Hooray for long holiday weekends! September 3rd was a public holiday here in Hong Kong. We were all celebrating the 70th anniversary of the victory of the Chinese people's war of resistance against the Japanese aggression. Alright, so our family was just glad to have a public holiday and even more so when my husband was able to get off work on Friday so that we could have a nice long weekend. 

Instead of hopping over to another country, we spent the long holiday in Sai Kung with our friends, who happen to be my husband's coworkers. My daughter was so ecstatic to be able to have a sleep over with her friend. 

Talk abut adventures over the holiday! We hiked to a beach. We hiked to a rock pool where my son jumped off of the rocks. We hiked a good bit out of the country park since we could not get a taxi to come pick us up. My husband and I spent a wonderful night without kids and got to have a breakfast date alone! We kayaked to an island and swam in the sea. And we ate a lot of food! 

This week I'll be writing about our big staycation weekend here in Hong Kong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips