expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Thursday, February 12, 2015

A Day Trip To Macau.


Saturday morning, I grabbed my passport and left my family at home. I met up with a bunch of girlfriends at the China Ferry Terminal on the Kowloon side so that we could all take the ferry to Macau. We were celebrating a 30th birthday milestone in the group. 


As a group of single ladies {and everyone excluding myself being Caucasian} we seemed to have a sign on our foreheads loudly proclaiming us to be tourists and to take advantage of us. At the ferry terminal we ended up paying forty extra dollars for our round trip tickets. Once in Macau, we ended up renting a private vehicle that came with our own driver. It was pricey, but well worth the cost. He took us to every tourist attraction {including an hour stop so we could eat a late lunch at a restaurant with a Portuguese influence} and waited for us while we meandered through.
 

Macau {as well as here in Hong Kong} does not have great quality air control. What I like to tell myself is just fog, is in actuality smog. The pollution was thick in Macau. These pictures of the Macau Science Center and the Macau Tower {that you can bungy jump off of} tell a lot about the pollution we encountered on Saturday. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips