expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year's Eve Hong Kong Style.


Our next holiday evening {New Year's Eve} and I'm using a photo from our Christmas Day table setting.

New Year's Eve with children is drastically different than if you are not responsible for any dependents. This applies to anywhere you might be living in the world. I had been invited to celebrate NYE with friends on a boat watching the fireworks over Victoria Harbor. It was a tempting offer, but I ultimately wanted to spend the evening with my family.

We ended up getting together with our friends who live above the Kowloon MTR Station, which afforded us a view of the fireworks. Part of me expected fireworks to be randomly set off throughout the city {I was expecting something reminiscent of NYE in Manila}, but we only saw the beautiful eight minute show put on over the harbor.

Here's to 2015 and all the adventures it holds for our family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips