expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Time For A Beach Day.


This long weekend was a weekend full of packing and sorting. I was so thankful to have my mother in law come over on Saturday and help us sort through boxes and bags of fabric and clothing. All in preparation for a yard sale sometime in the near future. My husband and I have just been randomly placing things we're selling into our garage which has resulted in a massive pileup. It took us the greater part of the day just to bring everything out into our driveway. At about 10:00 that night we looked at each other and realized it was about time to just start bringing it back in! Fortunately we've made headway into organizing the chaos, but this truly is a work in progress. An overwhelming work in progress. But I'm always reminded to count my blessings at the end of each day.
 

We took a break from working during the three days to go to the beach. With our swimsuits on under our clothing, we stopped to eat at River City Cafe down in Surfside Beach. I've been craving a Shrimp Po Boy and a Nacho Burger as well. Two of my guilty pleasure foods and both of which can be purchased at River City Cafe. We ate outside on the balcony and threw peanuts on the floor. The breeze was just warm enough to keep us cool and not too warm to make eating outside unpleasant. From the first time my husband took me to eat here, on my first visit to Myrtle Beach sixteen years ago, River City Cafe as always been a family favorite for us.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips