expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Brookgreen Gardens.


Sleep is a great thing. However, these days I'm averaging around three hours a night. Not something I can function on. Coffee has become a necessary part of my mornings and throughout my day now. Although we are busy and consumed with our upcoming move, I still want to take time to enjoy the life we have here in Myrtle Beach. I love visiting Brookgreen Gardens down in Pawley's Island.   


I love everything about these gardens. It's a family tradition of ours to visit their Night Of A Thousand Candles at Christmas. We like to visit throughout the year as well. All four of us enjoy exploring the different areas. Looking at the statues. Seeing the manicured gardens. Checking out what's growing in the vegetable gardens.


The zoo is fun for the kids to see animals in their natural element. See that alligator?!?!! One of my favorite activities for my kids is to go on the scavenger hunt that's put together by the staff. They like looking for all the landmarks that are listed on the hunt. Their other favorite must see is the garden designed specifically for children.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips