expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Monday, April 14, 2014

Making A List And Checking It Twice.


It's only been a couple days since the prospect of moving to Hong Kong has become a definite thing in our lives, and we are diving in head first. Last night as my husband and I went on our weekly date, we sat there eating our meal with a notebook in hand, making lists. My husband has his list of things to do. I have my list. And then we have our list. Lists and then more detailed lists on top of those lists. We even have lists on bits of scrap pieces of paper. And while we enjoyed our kid free environment, we were facing big decisions head on {with pen and paper in hand}.

Now comes the reality of what to sell. What to save and store. What to give away. Eating out our pantry and drinking that hot chocolate we've got stock piled in our cupboards. Taking photos of what we are selling and posting them online, waiting for a buyer. Going through boxes of shoes and sadly realizing I've collected too many over the years and need to part with some I have never even worn before.

Going to stores now, has made me acutely aware of how much of a consumer I have become. Knowing our family is only bringing the basics over to Hong Kong, means I'm not tempted to get that extra swimsuit for my daughter just because it would look cute on her. It means knowing she's got a perfectly good swimsuit already and being content with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips