expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Monday, April 21, 2014

A New Home.


We've been going through all of the things we've accumulated over the past decade. I'm amazed at how fast things sell on Craigslist. I've got a new mantra these days that I keep repeating to myself over and over... that these things are just that... things. The reality is when I die I won't take any of it with me, so why am I placing so much value on things? Telling myself this helps me part with everything a little easier. I'll be honest though, I have shed some tears while taking decorations off the walls to someone else who has purchased them. I'm not sure why because I don't think I'm that attached to them, it's just an end of an era in my life.


One of the things I am excited about regarding our move to Hong Kong, is that I get to start decorating our apartment from scratch. We'll move with only our clothing. So I get a blank slate when we get over there and as someone who loves design, this is like being a kid in a candy shop. I have been pouring over Pinterest looking for ideas to make our new apartment a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips