expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Friday, July 24, 2015

Killing A Rooster For Us.


*Warning :: Do not read this post if the sight of a dead chicken getting cleaned is disturbing to you. 

Remember all those chickens and roosters that our host family is raising to eat and to sell? Well, one Friday, they killed a rooster for all of us to eat. It immediately brought me back to when I was in elementary school and we raised chickens in the Philippines to eat. Out came my camera so I could document the event. Since I was sick and not eating, I did not participate in the consuming of this animal. My husband did say though that this rooster had such a unique flavor to it because it was a completely free range no hormone fed animal.

I also had to include the photo at the bottom of the washing machine pipe draining into a puddle to water the plants. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips