expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Open Market In Jordan.


I am one of those people who are chronically early to appointments. I'm not sure what it says about my personality, but it has become a bit ridiculous. My friends are well aware of my character flaw and it is a running joke about how early I will show up.

Last night a group of girls and I went out to a Korean BBQ buffet in Wan Chai to say good-bye to a friend who is moving to Japan. I went to meet up with another friend in Jordan so we could find the restaurant together. Well, in true Julie form, I arrived a good forty minutes ahead of our time of 6:30. 


I knew there was a nice market full of dry goods that I could spend some time in, and so I enjoyed walking through it. These markets are a fun hodgepodge of items - from cheaply made clothing with the faces of many Disney characters on them, to luggage, ribbon, and umbrellas. Each stall is unique unto itself. 

I could only last twenty minutes in the heat and humidity of the open market, and I unceremoniously arrived early to my friend's apartment. We ran a quick errand in the market where my friend picked up an oil painting that she had purchased the day before. The artist was sitting in his stall painting on another canvas right there. I love that relationship you can develop with the actual artist. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips