expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Wednesday, May 13, 2015

A Chef In Yau Ma Tei.


The other night I was going to a girl's dinner at a friend's house in Yau Ma Tei. As I was walking from the train station to her place, I came across a restaurant with a line down the street of people patiently waiting for their turn to eat there. Then I saw probably the most interesting looking chef I have seen cooking outside over open flames.


Look at all those individual skillets over their open flames. I'm not sure what he was cooking, but he must be hot since he took his shirt off. He was concentrating pretty hard on that food. He never once looked out into the street at the people walking by.

The restaurant was nothing fancy. Next to the spot where the chef was cooking, were the piles of trash in baskets ready for the dump. Sometimes I wonder what food safety regulations pertain to Hong Kong and if restaurants have to meet any standards before they open for the public. {All that wondering is the former SC Department of Health and Environmental Control employee in me coming out.}




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips