expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Lion Rock.


I see Lion Rock every morning from the windows of our flat when I wake up. I am also surrounded by skyscrapers, but being surrounded with a mountain view does not make me feel like I'm living in just concrete. From where we live, this is not the perfect view of the lion shaped rock, but from other angles in Kowloon, the rock resembles a lion that is crouching.

There is a hiking trail that one can take across the profile of the lion. There is a park named, "Lion Rock Country Park" after the lion. There is a road in Kowloon City named, "Lion Rock Road". Finally there is also a tunnel passing through the mountain called, "Lion Rock Tunnel". When we lived in Tai Po, we would travel through the tunnel on a regular basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips