expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Tea At The Peninsula Hotel.


Over the Chinese New Year holiday our kids had a break from school, my daughter and I went for high tea at the iconic Peninsula Hotel with some of our other girlfriends. The tea was held in the front lobby of the hotel, and by 1:30 there was a long line since you can't make reservations. However, my daughter and I had arrived an hour early for the 2:00 tea time, and we were told we could be seated right away if we ordered something off of the lunch menu. When it was tea time, our server in his white jacket, handed us the tea time menu and we just transitioned into high tea without having to leave our table. I would highly recommend this for families with children, since this avoided having to stand in a long line.


High tea has always been a fun experience for our family to enjoy. With my daughter wearing pearls and our hair curled, we were all ready to sample finger sized cucumber sandwiches with dill, smoked salmon sandwiches, scones with clotted cream and jam, and an assortment of pastries. From reading forums and what Facebook mom groups had to say pertaining to high tea at the Peninsula Hotel, I did not go into the experience expecting the food to be extraordinary. I was not disappointed. The location of the Peninsula Hotel is what one goes for when you eat there. I had ordered tea for two people and we ended up bringing the majority of the food home with us because neither my daughter or myself was very hungry.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips