expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Thursday, November 27, 2014

A City That Never Sleeps.


And yet it does... I've heard the phrase, "A city that never sleeps" being used in reference to Hong Kong. But from the first week here in this wonderful city, I have never agreed with the statement. 

Because Hong Kong does sleep and it wakes up late. Stores shut down at 9:00 or 10:00 in the evening and don't open until 11:00 the following morning.

Even in our small town of Myrtle Beach, I was accustomed to being able to go out to the store and get what  I needed before 11:00. Now I'm learning to adapt to the culture here in Hong Kong and recognize that I just have to wait to go to the store.


This does not pertain to grocery stores or bakeries. These shops open earlier and our love for the bakeries here are a whole different post in itself. 

I took these pictures at 10:00 this morning on a walk back from the public park in Kowloon City. A whole block of shops closed. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips