expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Friday, October 10, 2014

I Have A Garden!


Back when I still lived in Myrtle Beach, I was lamenting the fact that I probably wouldn't have much of a back yard. Over the weekend, my husband and I took a trip to Ikea to rectify the no flower situation here in Hong Kong. Although I don't have a yard {which makes my husband so happy since he doesn't have to mow}, I now have a bit of a flower garden! 


I purchased the plants from a sweet elderly lady who was selling them out of a truck on the corner of a street. That sounds so shady! But she was the sweetest little lady who was so happy that I bought plants from her.

We purchased our galvanized pots from Ikea, as well as the galvanized watering can, and our white plant stand.


To be completely honest, I'm not sure how well our plants will survive my daughter's constant watering of them. She thinks it's too much fun to use the watering can and loves drowning my flowers. For now, I enjoy seeing my daughter get so much joy from the simple act of watering plants, and while they are still alive, I love looking out onto our balcony and seeing something growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips