expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Monday, March 31, 2014

Our Family Of Four.


My husband and I have been married since 2003. We have two goofy kids, a couple of rabbits, a dog, and the proverbial white picket fence. This has been a dream of ours for years - to one day move our family overseas so that we can all experience the world as more than just our small town in South Carolina. I grew up living in the Philippines, and I loved what I learned by living in another culture. To be perfectly honest, I experienced more culture shock when we moved back to Canada for my senior year of high school. I encountered another new culture when I married my husband and moved down south. Or as Southerners refer to it, "a way of life".

While my husband grew up quite differently from myself, we have always loved exploring this world together. We could have easily moved two years ago when our family of five went down to being a family of four again. It was such a traumatic time in our life, and we felt like we needed a change of scenery then, but clearly God had other plans for our family.

Now two years later, and we're looking at our dream becoming a reality and I'm wondering how much of our life I should be sharing on a public blog. But in the words of Kathleen Kelly, "whatever anything else is, it ought to begin by being personal".   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips