expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Pottinger Street.


For the first time in eight years I am not making my children's Halloween costumes. No sewing machine, a lack of space in our apartment, and the fact that Halloween is not a cultural tradition in this country means that our kids will not be going trick or treating, all lend to my current lack of creativity in the costume department. We are however, putting together a small Halloween party for some of my kid's friends, and the kids want to wear costumes. 

Enter the Mom's group on Facebook, where I quickly learned that Pottinger Street is the place to go in Hong Kong for decently priced Halloween costumes. We started from the bottom of the street and worked our way up the hill, never making it to the top because everything we needed was in the shops at the base of the open market. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips