expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Singapore - The Zoo & Night Safari.


While we were in Singapore, I broke my "no zoo" rule. I have that rule, because I think as humans, we need to take care of the animals and it bothers me when we don't do a good job of it. I feel as a Christian, God wants us to take care of what He has given us as well. Zoos can be a place where humans do not properly care for animals {as seen at the sad Waccatee Zoo in Myrtle Beach.

In Singapore, both the zoo as well as the night safari has a strong commitment to conservation research and protecting our environment with efforts to protect wildlife.

One thing I appreciated about this zoo were the open exhibits used for the animals. In some areas, we were able to get up close and personal with some of the animals.


My two kids had the most fun at the splash pad that is a small part of the Singapore zoo.We did not have a change of clothing with us, but that didn't stop my kids from making the most use out of the splash pad. The weather was so hot and humid, that by the time we went on a tour with the Night Safari, they had dried out.


When my husband got off from work, he met us at the zoo so we could all experience the Night Safari together. By that time, the kids were exhausted and we had seen a lot of animals. We were all moving slow and enjoyed the fire show at the entrance to the Night Safari. We took in the Creatures Of The Night show - with the otter's who recycled being our favorite act of the evening. Then we proceeded to the tram, where we saw many other animals out and active in the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips