expat-header_zpsqmr5engx

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Words I Find Helpful.




I came across these quotes via Pinterest. The last picture leads to a dead end when I click on it. If you know the source, please let me know so I can give it proper credit. 

When we moved from the Philippines to Canada for my senior year of high school, the phrase my dad quoted to me most often was, "bloom where you're planted". He quoted it so much that now it's sort of become a family joke. I love the idea of "wherever you are, be all there". It's tempting for me to look into the future, but I have to remind myself to be present in my life now. To take a breath and pause. To look around me and invest in what my life is - here in Myrtle Beach.   

I love the quote from Haggard because it completely sums up this state of limbo my husband and I are in right now. Will we get the job or will we be here longer? If we get the job, we have the huge job of packing up a home we've created over the past ten years. If we get the job we will have a million decisions to make about the most mundane things. "But what's comin' will come and we'll meet it when it does."

Again. Deep breath. And a reminder that God's in control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogging tips